Friday, August 15, 2008

Week 4

I just finished Week 4 of the Push-Up Challenge. Yay! Today I did:
  • Set 1: 25 push-ups
  • Set 2: 19 push-ups
  • Set 3: 19 push-ups
  • Set 4: 17 push-ups
  • Set 5: 25 push-ups
I still had to rest more than 2 minutes between sets, which makes me feel a bit like a wimpy slacker.

Next week looks like a real killer, especially the first day. I'm expecting that I'm going to have to drop down a category again, because I don't think I can manage 36 push-ups yet. I've noticed that it's harder for women my age to experience rapid improvement in the push-ups we can do, once we're cranking out around 25 or so. I've had quite a number of women plateau there. The other plateau that I've noticed is right around 35-40 push-ups. Currently I have a student who is having the hardest time working her way past 37 push-ups on our monthly push-up test.

Because of my shoulder, I've been a bit hesitant to do my push-ups all the way to failure, so I probably could actually squeeze out a few more. But I figure it's best to play it safe.

It will be interesting to see how next week goes.

This post, along with my entire blog, is copyrighted. Please read and honor the copyright notice at the bottom of the sidebar. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment