Monday, August 11, 2008

Do not forsake me, my beloved

That's what the subject line of the email said. My heart was gripped by this plea. Surely I would not forsake this friend who loved me so dearly!

Quickly I read the email. Dearest beloved friend, it began. Could it possibly be? A long lost friend from my past? I know this letter may be a very big surprise to you. Oh, yes. But what a delightful surprise, after all these years!

I came across your email contact from my personal search and I instructed the doctor here in this hospital to help me email you and I believe that you will be honest to fulfill my final wish before I will die.

What?! Tears sprung to my eyes. To lose my dear friend yet again, just after she finally found me? How could life be so cruel? I began desperately weeping for my long lost friend, now on her death bed. It took at least 20 minutes before I was finally able to dry my eyes, try to restrain my grief, and attempt to go on reading. Yes, I will do anything for my dear friend, especially since it is her final, dying wish! Eager to find out where she was, so I could immediately fly to her bedside and tend to her in her last hours, I read:

I am Madam. Gloria Caldwell from LONDON, I am 68 years old, I am deaf and suffering from a long time cancer of the breast, which also affected my brain.

Yes, apparently so. Or otherwise she would surely know that I am not her beloved friend. And that I won't fall for her inheritance scam.


This post, along with my entire blog, is copyrighted. Please read and honor the copyright notice at the bottom of the sidebar. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment