Monday, November 17, 2008

Twitter begins to make more sense

I've been playing around with Twitter quite a bit of late. While it's been fun and all, I have to admit that I was beginning to wonder what the fuss was all about.

Then...

I discovered that Twitter can be a quick, almost instant, way to track breaking news stories -- both from professional news sources and from eyewitnesses. It's a way to track stories that our US media tends to ignore, such as the alarming persecution against Christians in India, North Korea, Saudia Arabia, and elsewhere. And it's a way to discover what the latest buzz is, whether it's angry Prop 8 protests or some new video game.

The local feature makes things interesting. I can read "tweets" from my particular area.

I like the idea that the Twitter platform doesn't allow longwindedness but, if you need more than 140 characters to say something, you can link to your blog. That also provides a great way to notify others, and be notified, of blog posts that are hot off the press.

Let me know about your Twitter experiences. How do you use it?


-- Post From My iPhone

Edited to correct a few of the worst mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment