Thursday, February 16, 2006

What a day!

I'm too tired and emotionally drained to write about it all, but I know that a number of you in my small reading audience are prayer warriors and I can certainly appreciate the prayers of God's people right now.

This morning I was awakened with the news that my mother had had a heart attack during the night. By the time I was ready to leave the house about an hour and a half later, my father was also in the emergency room, in the bed next to my mother, with such skyrocketing blood pressure that the doctors were concerned that he was also having a heart attack. (Perhaps, I said to my husband, my parents are proof of the truth of all those corny songs about two hearts beating as one.)

My father was treated for his stress-related blood pressure spike and released. My mother is spending another night in the hospital, under observation. All indications are that the damage to her heart is minimal. However, this episode will necessitate some life changes for her.

God is good. I cannot imagine going through this sort of thing without Him, or without our family's quirky sense of humor.

Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I'm so sorry, and so glad your mom is okay! That must have been so scary for all of you.

    Hugs,
    Heart

    ReplyDelete