Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's themes, verses, words

I love the idea of new beginnings, of making resolutions, of planning and anticipating good things.

Eldest Son has picked a theme verse for 2006. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Recently, I've encountered, out in the blogosphere, some people who have picked a key word for 2006. This amazed me. First of all, I could possibly come up with a theme statement or vision statement or goal, or something like that, but to distill it all down to one word would be a task quite beyond me. Maybe I'm just too verbose. Maybe I'm not focused enough. Maybe I can't think of a single word that would be exciting enough.

Ah...or maybe I should just use my favorite 2nd or 3rd grade word, one I once used in a spelling sentence when I was bored out of my skull. I had encountered it somewhere, and I thought it was the coolest word in the world.

Stupendous. That can be my word for 2006.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites from third grade was "resplendent". One day I was going to show off a little and kind of casually used it as a synonym for "intelligent" over lunch with my dad. He looked quizzically at me, I explained to him patiently that according to the dictionary, resplendent means bright. He chuckled so much that he had to wipe tears from his eyes.

    So here's to being resplendent in 2006!

    ReplyDelete