Saturday, January 07, 2006

Christmas is officially over

Epiphany is past. The tree, decorations, outdoor lights, and Christmas CD's are all packed away. The last Christmas carol is playing on my computer as I write this. Almost all the Christmas cookies and candies have been eaten.

The living room looks sadly bereft and barren. I'm trying to tell myself it is simply an empty canvas, awaiting my creativity.

Since the last bit of Christmas music has now been played, here is the final "Top Five" of my personal playlist this season:

1. Christmas Light --- The Wakefield Players
2. What Child is This? --- The Wakefield Players
3. A tie:
  • These Are Special Times --- Celine Dion
  • Christmas Bells of Germany
  • O Come, O Come Emmanuel --- The Wakefield Players
4. Another tie:
  • O Holy Night --- Celine Dion
  • Christmas Eve --- Celine Dion
5. Yet another tie:
  • Another Year Has Gone By --- Celine Dion
  • In the Bleak Mid-Winter -- The Wakefield Players
While I listened to a quite eclectic mix this Christmas season (Eldest Son and I took turns hooking our laptops up to the stereo, plus we played an assortment of CD's) these were the songs that I ended up playing the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment