Sunday, August 28, 2005

New Orleans

From an article about Hurricane Katrina:

His wife, wearing a Bourbon Street T-shirt with a lewd message, interjected: ``I just don't want to die in this shirt.''

I can imagine.

Somewhere on my meanderings through the blogosphere today, I ran across a Christian who seemed, to my way of thinking, way too gleeful about the devastation that is headed towards New Orleans. Having been to New Orleans annually for the past five or so years, I'm sadly aware of the reputation of that city. But I also know that there are many Christians there also, some of whom I've met in person. I'll never forget street musician Hack Bartholomew, and how much he ministered to me during a difficult time, first in person and then with the music on the CD's I purchased.

There are a lot of people who will be on my mind and in my prayers tonight. May God have mercy.

UPDATE: I forgot to ask readers earlier to please pray for Dee Andrews and her family. She writes the Wind Vane Chronicles blog and will continue to post updates when possible. Along with thousands upon thousands of others, she has evacuated the New Orleans area at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment