Friday, April 04, 2008

How to serve God

How are we supposed to serve God? What best glorifies Him and advances His Kingdom? Is it dropping Easter Eggs out of airplanes in some mad frenzy or is it this?

Somehow I don't think that a man who refuses to repudiate his faith in the face of 150 people urging him strongly to do so, who goes door to door sharing the gospel in a hostile environment and sees 45 come to faith that first day, would ever utter the words, "What we received was a strong slap of the Heavenly pimp hand", but maybe that's just my own silly opinion. Apparently I'm just a hypocrite for thinking it might be a bit unseemly to refer to our great and wonderful God as a pimp. Either that, or I'm way behind the times. Obviously so, since I'm not a big fan of over-the-top egg drops either.

Read both links and let me know what you think.

This post, along with my entire blog, is copyrighted. Please read and honor the copyright notice on the bottom of this page. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca,
    My blog does not usually garner recognition from folks across the country in California, Washington, Nevada and even abroad, but I wanted to take a moment to say thanks for taking such an interest in my egg drop post and leaving comments.
    I appreciate your passion & love for our Savior so I can understand your urgency to write. Please know my musings tend to inherit my sense of humor, and it is obvious to those that know me well that I mean no disrespect. As far as being cited a hypocrite, I do not believe the term was aimed at you. I am sorry if something has shown you otherwise. And it is examples such as this that have prompted me to disable comments on the post from three weeks ago.
    Now that we have been somewhat introduced, you are welcome to my blogspot anytime. I look forward to your thoughts.
    God Bless,
    LilliMomma

    p.s. - "pimp" has always been a term I have used to describe something as awesome or extraordinary. in my writings you will see i have even called Curious George "pimpin" because my daughter loves him so :)

    ReplyDelete