Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Worship

Some issues in our church have inspired my husband and me to embark on a study of worship. It has been exciting and convicting. First I looked online for various resources, several of which led me to two books in particular:
  • Worship Evangelism by Sally Morgenthaler
  • The Adventure of Worship by Gerrit Gustafson

I would highly recommend the first book for anyone who is involved in church leadership, especially anyone who leads worship. As for the second book...wow. I think everyone who considers themselves a Christian should read it. I would love to use it in a small group study. More importantly, I would love to live it, not just in my church but in my daily life. Oh to be a true worshiper, to always be involved in "the act and attitude of wholeheartedly giving yourself to God---spirit, soul, mind and body".

No comments:

Post a Comment