Monday, June 12, 2006

Cool stuff

Yes, it has been a while since I posted. Do I have an excuse or explanation? Not really.



I haven't done a "Cool Stuff" post in ages. (I haven't done a post in almost ages, but that's another thing.) Today I'm inspired, because I've decided that iTunes is about the best example of cool stuff around.

Here is what I've been doing with iTunes:
  • Putting some of my favorite CD's on my laptop
  • Using my laptop to play music, wirelessly, over our stereo
  • Creating all sorts of playlists by genre, mood, event, season, activity, etc., etc.
  • Downloading nostalgic music from the iTunes Music store
  • Downloading free podcasts on a variety of topics
  • Uploading music and podcasts to my iPod
Today I downloaded a cool little Dashboard Widget that helps me figure out the bpm (beats per minute) of songs, and I used it to help categorize my workout music by intensity/speed of workout (slow, medium, fast).

How I ever managed to live without iTunes is a mystery to me...well, actually not. I had no idea what I was missing. Now I'm enjoying making music a much bigger part of our lives as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment