Friday, January 27, 2006

The Spear Dilemma

By now I doubt that any Christian with internet access is unaware of the controversy surrounding the casting of a gay activist to play Nate Saint in the movie "The End of the Spear". I've received emails urging me to boycott this movie. I've read numerous blog entries urging the same.

While I hardly go see many movies, this is one I'm planning to attend. Of the countless online commentaries I've read, the one that most summed up my own thoughts on the issue was "On Spears, Brotherly Love, and Being in the World (but Not of It)"

This article also provides some helpful links to others who have commented on this disturbing issue.

We live in interesting times.

Update: My comments to the above referenced post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment